Clarence City Hall, 411 Lombard St, PO Box 418, Clarence, IA 52216
Director of Public Works: Steve Ihns
Public Works: Mallet Meyer
The Public Works department provides a variety of City services including:
- Maintaining the water plant and sewer lagoons, and conducting all daily testing and monitoring
- Reading water meters monthly, and running meter profiles
- Brush pick-up on Mondays
- Recycling on every other Tuesday
- Residential garbage route on Wednesdays
- Commercial dumpsters on Thursdays
- Plowing snow
- Public building maintenance
- Equipment maintenance
- Park facilities maintenance
- Street maintenance, including traffic signs and storm drains
- Monitoring and assisting with infrastructure improvement projects
- A variety of other jobs all over the City
The City is a member of the Iowa Association of Municipal Utilities and Iowa Rural Water Association.
Non-City Utility Providers:
Gas and Electric services are provided by Alliant Energy 800-822-4348.
Phone, Internet, and Cable TV services are provided by Clarence Telephone Company 563-452-3852.